Confession is messy, unpleasant, and makes us squirm in our seats. But it's good for the soul -- or at least good for a blog post.
So here we go with a list of my most worn-out, over-used writing avoidance behaviors (not in any particular order):
- Testing spider solitaire to make sure it wasn't affected by those pesky hazardous programs my anti-spyware says I picked up while surfing the net.
- Checking Miss Snark's blog, because I don't want to miss out when she takes a hiatus from retirement.
- Downloading free trials of story-building software.
- Uninstalling the free trials after I realize I could write a novel in the time it takes to figure out how to use story-building software.
- Giving my cat a bath.
- Watching reruns of Law and Order.
- Returning to the kitchen for yet another handful of reduced fat Cheez-Its.
- Clicking the refresh button on my email inbox.
- Visiting QVC.com in case Today's Special Value is something I can't live without.
- Listing some of the avoidance behaviors I practice during those times I'm supposed to be writing.