Friday, April 18, 2008

Advice, plz



I will be signing copies of my book, Don't You Marry the Mormon Boys, at the BYU Womens Conference on May 1, 4-6 p.m. Anybody else going? I'd love to see a friendly face. Any advice on how to navigate the campus, parking, signing hints? I plan to have bowls of Hershey hugs and kisses (well, my book is about marriage) and bookmarks with little wedding rings (if I can figure out how to attach them) and . . . I don't know . . maybe set a timer, and when it goes off, someone in reach of me gets a prize such as a package of johnnycake (cornbread mix) in a lovely, decorated brown paper bag . . . (the book's title is from a song, and the clincher is that if you marry a Mormon boy, johnnycake and babies is all you'll see. I do have a video trailer and I do have an mp3 recording of the song . . and I do have a small DVD player . . would you advise taking those, or do you know if there is space? Any suggestions would be more than welcome. I'm thrilled at the opportunity. Just not sure what to expect.

Thank you!
Janet

1 comment:

patricia said...

Sounds like you've got all the bases covered!

Now, if you brought an electric skillet and cooked some johnny cakes at the table ...

Mmmm. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!